The smart way to use GPS tracking “Smart” watches
Despite the fact that Smart GPS tracking watches have been around for a while, there are parents who buy them for what we believe are the wrong reasons. GPS tracking watches for children have features developed mainly for keeping children safe when they are away. The features allow parents to keep track of children when they are within certain geo-fence zones. When the children wander from these zones, they get alerts on the app installed in their Smartphones. A parent can also locate the child, should he or she get lost when in a crowded place.
However, GPS tracking phones for children were not designed to keep an excessive “Watchful eye” over children. We believe that children should be afforded some degree of independence, allowing them to enjoy their childhood years. They should be allowed to make some level of “error” since that is the only way they get to learn from their mistakes – a normal part of growing up into responsible adults.
When a parent goes online to buy a GPS tracking watch, the main reason should be the safety of their children. Here are some of the features found on these watches:
- A GPS tracking device – This allows the parent to get the location of a child when the child moves beyond the set safe area. This is one of the best features of the device, since it allows for tracking of the child should he or she disappear or have an accident.
- A calling feature – This allows the child or parent to call in emergency situations. The child can simply make a call for help and the parent can go to the child or coordinate with emergency services to locate the child.
- A “Panic” button – this button is activated, sending an SOS message to selected telephone numbers while also making a call.
- Parental Control – This allows the parent to control which numbers can be called or can call the GPS tracking watch. This is a great feature since it stops unauthorized people from accessing the device and calling the child without your permission.
- 128-bit encryption – This ensures that the device is always protected and data cannot be hacked. This is also for the safety of the child.
- Splash proof – Children will always be playful especially around water. This feature ensures that any splashed water does not affect the device. However, this does not mean that the watch is water-proof and should always be removed when bathing or taking a swim.
GPS tracking watches for children should be used to ensure the safety of children when they are in school, visiting with friends or when otherwise away from the attention of the parent. Your child needs some space, so ensure that you buy the watch for the right reason.
WatchOvers supplies GPS tracking watches for children and for the elderly. We have one of the best services when it comes to providing this kind of protection for your children. Contact us now for more information on our watches.