Caregivers employ a lot of care especially when they have gone somewhere with a person who is suffering from Dementia. Dementia is a condition that people do go through, in most cases, as they age. Wandering off is one of the most common issues that affect people with dementia. A person may feel that he or she is able to drive, or buy a cup of coffee at the mall, and when they leave, they forget where they were going or where they came from.
This is a nightmare that many people can relate to. A dementia tracker in the form of a watch is a great way of countering this. This watch, or other device that can be kept on the elderly person and transmit GPS coordinates in real time. Watches have become very popular because they are difficult to lose or forget.
The dangers of dementia and memory loss
Memory loss and dementia is not just about getting lost; it can actually be a danger to the life of the individual. It has often been reported about someone who got lost driving on a country road, tried to walk out to get some help from some cottage they had seen some while ago, and then ended up in real danger from hypothermia and other dangers of the night.
The importance of a personal alarm for the elderly cannot be understated. This device will not only transmit GPS data, but will also act as a phone, which will allow for two way communication to calm down the person being looked for. If an elderly person is stuck outside waiting for help, just talking will help keep him or her calm.
Features of the personal alarm for the elderly
- 2-way calling – this allows you to call the person being looked for and tell them to remain where they are as you go and pick them up.
- SOS – With just a push of a button, and elderly person can ask for help and also get a message sent to the preset number.
- Safe zones – Let the individual take a walk, but within a certain radius or safe zone.
- Alerts – the watches send alerts to your phone if the elderly person leaves a safe zone or if the battery of the watch is low.
- Listening safety monitoring – you can call the watch and it will answer automatically, letting you know the environment here your loved one is.
How it all works out
You simply get one of the watches that we have online and then activate the service. It only takes 6 small steps to set up one of our watches. Download the monitoring app to your Smartphone, set the preset numbers and account settings and you are ready to go. Getting a dementia tracker is a great way of keeping the elderly safe at all times.
You may like : 6 Ways To Prevent A Dementia Patient From Wandering