GPS tracking devices have continued to evolve, from backpacks to jewelry. Now you can get a GPS tracking watch which your child can use to ell time, and also communicate in emergency situations. The GPS tracking watch comes with GPS technology which uses GPS satellites to pinpoint the exact location of child. The watches have apps which are downloaded to the parent’s mobile phone, and the apps show where the child is located on a map. The device has an account with certain parameters set, such that if they are breached, the watch can send an alert to a number or numbers set in the account.
Features of GPS tracking watches
- Geo-Zones – this is also called Geo-Fencing and is the perimeter, or area within which the child should remain at all times. The zones can be set for home or school. In the case of older children, the zone can be widened to include areas where he child goes for socializing with friends, such as the mall or the cinema.
- Voice messaging – allows parents to send a message to the child at any time or the child to the parent.
- Voice calling – the watch also acts as a mobile phone allowing vice calls from either end.
- Full GPS tracking – this allows parents to monitor their children at all times on a map, and the sending of GPS coordinates in cases of an emergency.
- Panic or SOS button – this is a button that sends alerts and coordinates when the child presses it during an emergency.
You may like: GPS Tracking Watches Actually Save Lives
Why are GPS tracking watches necessary?
On the part of parents, knowing where a child is at any time gives a sense of peace. There are so many dangers that can affect children and parents are always wary about them. With these devices, a parent does not have to keep on calling and finding out where a child is, especially if he or she is a teenager. The anxiety and panic that a parent feels when a child gets lost at the mall or other crowded area is traumatic. The GPS tracking watch can immediately be used to find out where the child is and therefore avoid this sense of hopelessness.
On the part of children, especially teenagers, it is good to know that they can enjoy their autonomy without having to report regularly to their parents. If they want to go to a movie, park or mall, the parent will know where they are without having to call and intrude on their time with friends.
There is also a sense of safety for the child, knowing that should anything happen, they can contact their parents by simply pressing a button.
WatchOvers has a fantastic watch called the Assure watch, which comes with some amazing features and also has a wonderful design. If you want your child to be safe at all times, you should consider buying on of these watches now.